Simple, Rapid, Reproducible Collection of Plasma
Shimadzu has partnered with Telimmune (formally Novilytic) to offer a powerful new technology for the rapid generation of plasma from whole blood.
The Telimmune Plasma Separation Card is a high-precision volumetric plasma collection device for use by medical professionals.
Unlike common blood vials and blood spot cards, it efficiently separates plasma and supplies a very accurate volumetric sample ready for analytical analysis.
The Telimmune Plasma Prep Cards now come in two formats - the original Telimmune Plasma Prep Cards and the Telimmune Duo Plasma Prep Cards.
Telimmune Uno Plasma Prep Card Telimmune Duo Plasma Prep Card
|Telimmune™ Plasma Prep Cards|
|Number of plasma samples generated||1||2|
|Minimum volume required||25 µl||60 µl|
|Volume collected per plasma sample||3 µl||3 µl|
|Total volume collected per card||3 µl||6 µl|
The Telimmune technology collects a ~3 μL aliquot of plasma from ≥ 25 μL of whole blood in three minutes and stabilizes for shipping in just 15 minutes.
Principal applications include but are not limited to population-based research, global clinical trials, neonatal screening for congenital disorders, toxicokinetic/pharmacokinetic studies, therapeutic drug monitoring, and healthcare accessibility initiatives in the developing world.
Properties of the Telimmune Card:
- 99% removal of red blood cells (based on Hb levels in plasma).
- Plasma sampling volumes of 3 µL (6 µL DUO).
- Inter-card CV of ~1% (~3% DUO) in plasma collection volume at constant hematocrit (HCT).
- Inter-card CV of 2% collection volume variation with 20% to 71% HCT
- Proteins are deposited as a monolayer upon drying.
- Metabolites are present in the protein monolayer.
Significant advantages of Telimmune Card technology include:
- Rapid sample preparation for MS-based analysis, while maintaining assay reproducibility and selectivity.
- Volumetric plasma sample collection using a single drop of whole blood.
- Specimen volumes as low as 25 µL.
- Telimmune cards simplify sample preparation. Eliminates need for solvent extraction, centrifugation and evaporation.
- Exceptional reproducibility independent of hematocrit.
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.